Our sites are designed and built to be fully responsive as standard, meaning that the site design and layout will adapt to the screen size of different devices (desktop computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones).
Our sites support all standards-compliant browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari and Google Chrome. Some older browsers such as Internet Explorer 8 and earlier do not support modern web features and may not display all features of the site.
WordPress has strong built-in search engine optimisation (SEO) and search functionality as standard. There are several options in WordPress to further optimise each page and post for maximum search engine visibility.
There are many ways to integrate social media platforms with your website. We’ll help you decide on the best option to suit your project, but examples include:
- Social icon links in the header area
- Twitter feeds on homepage and/or footer area
- Social share buttons on pages and posts
WordPress can also integrate with other third party services like EventBrite and Mailchimp. We always consider your organisation’s technology mix and can advise on how best to streamline and integrate administrative functions if applicable.
Most organisations want to make it as quick and easy as possible for their customers to get in touch. Contact forms offer additional security and control over how you manage messages that come via your site.
Our sites are designed in line with Web Content Access Guidelines 2.0, aiming to meet all level AA checkpoints. A central aspect of the accessibility guidelines is compliance with World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) web standards. Our sites are written in valid HTML5 and CSS3.
Multimedia, image and google map support
WordPress has built in support for many multimedia types making it easy to:
- Add, edit and resize images
- Embed audio and video content and Google maps
- Share PDFs, Microsoft Office documents and other file types
There are a number of analytics systems available allowing you to track and view web statistics. The choice is yours, based on your users’ privacy needs and your analytics requirements. We recommend the open source Piwik Analytics system, but we’re happy to accommodate your requirements (e.g. Google Analytics).
Our standard package includes a three-hour session for up to three staff, covering:
- The WordPress content management system
- Specific or specialised features on your website
- Help and support.
We also give you a of range of easy to follow video guides, online help and documentation specific to your website.
Our hosting, maintenance and support can cover:
- Hosting the website and database on our web server.
- Weekly backups of files and database (more often if you wish).
- Free domain name registration, correctly registered in your organisation’s name and renewed on schedule.
- Domain Name System (DNS) management. This ensures your website, email and other internet services work correctly and securely.
- Software updates to WordPress and plugins. As well as making improvements to the system, it’s essential that your site’s security is as up to date as possible.
Our annual support package includes a set amount of phone and email technical support for you and your team, as well as fixing any bugs.